A Time & Place In Appalachia Living

This blog features the life adventures & projects of Edwin Bloodworth and his family on the top of a mountain, in the forest. Follow our journey as we strive to stay connected with nature and share our passions for taking the path less traveled. With the combination of modern technology, & traditional methods, and open minds, I hope to inspire you to try some new ideas and follow your way of life dreams.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

. . . . AND WE ARE LIVE

 


  This is a photo that was taken by my six year old son right after him and my four year old daughter completed testing for their new belts in Tae Kwon Do at Sun Soo Martial Arts in Asheville, NC.  The picture represents a new beginning in my life, of course, Jordan didn't realize that and nor did I until I pondered the content of this post for a bit.  The picture of the kids below represents excitement, focus, and a pursuit of goals and triumphs.  I can't imagine myself accomplishing what my kids have at this young age.  When there is love, and support, it's amazing what these little minds can absorb.  This post also represents a new beginning for the blog and our life adventures.  

Jordan just earned his Yellow / Green* & Elsa just earned her White / Yellow*

*The belts earned (mentioned above) are not given to the students until their next class.

Since my last blog post, February 5, 2016, exactly one year before Elsa was born and Jordan was about to turn two, much has happened, some good & some not so good.  I have endured a few defeats, other wise known as 'learning opportunities', and a few bouts of 'burn out', but I don't stop.  Here I am stronger than ever physically, healing mentally, and, happy for my kids and their wins, and ready to take on some new challenges of my own.  Compare the above picture of me to this post and know that whatever challenges you may be facing, it will pass, and you will win in the end.   

  The first day of a new year seemed like an appropriate time to make a commitment to myself and to you that I will rekindle the blog that I enjoyed writing so much for many years.  In the time that I have put the blog aside I like to think that I have learned (debatable) and pursued many new things that I can share and maybe even inspire in you.  I will kindly ask that you subscribe and follow along with me in my pursuits and curiosities.  Happy New Year to you and yours, here's to new challenges and getting stronger!   




   

No comments:

Post a Comment