EVER SINCE GROWING UP AND SEEING MY MOM FOLLOW ALONG TO DANCE EXERCISE AND TALL SOCKS AND BRIGHT COLORED SPANDEX OF THE EARLY 90'S, I WAS NOT TOO QUICK TO JUMP ON THE VIDEO STYLE WORK OUT ROUTINE. HOWEVER, WHEN YOUR WIFE GETS REALLY INTO SOMETHING, LIKE BEACHBODY, AND IS SUPER EXCITED AND WANTS TO SHARE, I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE. I HAVE ONLY DONE ONE FULL 8 WEEK WORKOUT PLAN TO DATE. I CAN'T SAY I SAW ANY RESULTS AFTER ONLY 8 WEEKS, HOWEVER, I CAN TELL YOU THAT I FELT RESULTS. THE MIX OF CARDIO AND WEIGHT TRAINING IS AWESOME. I DO STILL OCCASIONALLY UTILIZE THE STRETCH ROUTINE PART OF THE PROGRAM. THAT'S HOW I SPENT MY EXERCISE TIME TONIGHT. THANKS JOEL! THE LAST TIME I DID A STRETCH ROUTINE THAT JEANNIE RECOMMENDED, I FELT LIKE I WAS HIT BY A MACK TRUCK THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THANKS MEGAN. I GUESS THAT IS GOOD? JEANNIE HAS DONE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT PROGRAMS NUMEROUS TIMES, LOVES IT, AND HAS SEEN FANTASTIC RESULTS. JEANNIE IS ALSO A HUGE FAN OF THE MEGAN DAVIES SERIES ON BEACHBODY. I AM VERY PROUD OF HER DEDICATION TO ALWAYS IMPROVING. EVERY NIGHT WHEN WE TURN THE KIDS LIGHTS OUT, THEY ALWAYS SAY "HAVE A GREAT EXERCISE!" BE THE EXAMPLE FOR YOUR KIDS. DON'T RELY ON THEM TO 'PICK UP GOOD HABITS' FROM OTHERS. THEY ARE LOOKING TO YOU FOR THIS GUIDANCE.
A Time & Place In Appalachia Living
Food is only part of the story.
Here you'll find a look inside professional kitchens—the food, the people, the systems, the challenges, and the small things that can make a big difference.
Written from the perspective of a chef who has spent decades working in kitchens ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to mom-and-pop operations, and who is still learning every day.
The kitchen is where all of these things meet—and that is what this journal is about: the work, the craft, the people, and the systems behind good food.
Four Ways Into the Kitchen
Stories, ideas, lessons and observations from a life spent working in professional kitchens.
What Is 1% Worth to Your Restaurant?
Small improvements in food cost can have a surprisingly large impact on restaurant profitability. Use our free calculator to see what a 1% improvement could mean for your operation.
Calculate Your Opportunity →How the kitchen works.
Workflow, organization, food cost, inventory, preparation, communication and the systems that keep a professional kitchen moving.
Lessons from the line.
Experiences, lessons and observations gathered through decades of working in professional kitchens.
The craft of cooking.
Recipes, ingredients, techniques and the details that turn good food into memorable food.
Looking at kitchens differently.
Thoughts on leadership, kitchen systems, the restaurant industry and the journey toward culinary consulting.
No comments:
Post a Comment